Monday, September 9, 2013

Medicine Cabinet Treasure

Over the summer David and I lived at my mom's house. You learn some things about your mom when you live with her in your adult life.

One night we went out for Mexican food, and it didn't sit well with David. He had a pretty upset stomach. Normally he has to suck it up because we don't have any medicine at our apartment, but I went to ask my mom if she had anything since we were at her house.

She looked through her medicine cabinet and found some Pepto-Bismol that was recently expired. I was wondering why she kept expired medicine, but I didn't really care that much. Until I saw an eerily familiar pink bottle from my childhood. It was a calamine lotion (for bug bites) that expired in NINETEEN NINETY ONE. Yes. 1991.



I was shocked. That bottle probably hadn't even been touched for over a decade. Apparently it was fine to hold onto it because it wasn't something you ingest, so it was "safe" (according to my mother).


No comments:

Post a Comment