Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Keys

I went shopping at Old Navy today. I wandered around the store, tried on a few shirts, bought some things, then went out to the car to leave.

My keys were not in my purse.

I started to panic.

I thought I remembered hanging the lanyard my keys are on around my neck, but maybe I took it off to try on the shirts and it was still in the fitting room (I have done this before). I rush back inside and check the stall I was in.

No luck.

I re-check my purse, pulling everything out. We all know I can't find anything I'm looking for. They seriously were not in there. I haven't locked the keys in the car since high school (which I did on a regular basis back then), but maybe I did this time. THANK GOODNESS we have a hatchback trunk that only locks if we manually lock it which we never do. I climb into the trunk, press down the back seat, climb into the front seat, and STILL don't see the keys. I reach in my pockets for my phone to call David on the verge of tears and-

The keys are in my back pocket.

Never in my life have I put the keys in my back pocket. Today I did and today I forgot I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment