Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Being Creepers

Today David and I went to this "water ice" place called Rita's. I don't get it because all ice is made of water, but I heard it was amazing. It is kind of like a thick slushy, and we got soft serve ice cream with it. Pretty delicious. The Rita's we went to has only been open a week, and didn't have an outdoor seating area, so we ate it sitting on a bench pretty close to another restaurant. This other restaurant did have outdoor seating.


As I was eating my water ice my eyes lazily wandered over to the tables nearby. I suppose I was staring, but I'm a people watcher, so that's just what I do. David was facing away from me looking in the same general direction as me. As I was watching, a waiter came by the tables to deliver some food. He looked over in our direction, glanced down, then pretty quickly looked back up and continued looking for a few seconds. I was in a nice relaxed mood, enjoying the sun and my water ice, so I just kept staring, not really thinking about it. Eventually he broke eye contact and continued delivering the food he was carrying.

Me: I think that waiter just stared at us. But it wasn't just staring, it was like a double-take. He looked away then looked back at us and stared.
...
Me: It was probably because I was hard-core staring at him.
David: Hahah you were? I was too. It was probably because I was like this:


 Neither of us had known that the other was looking at the waiter. And thus it turns out the waiter is not the creepy one, but me and David are.

No comments:

Post a Comment