Monday, August 19, 2013

Purloined Package

Now is the season of textbook sales and rentals for college students. Within the last few days David has ordered 4-5 textbooks online that we have been waiting for in the mail. He received his first one yesterday and his second one today. We were at home when the delivery man rang the doorbell, so when we saw him walking away we knew it was a package. The package was from Chegg, a textbook rental company. David was anxious to see what book it was, so he immediately cut the tape and opened the package. He started pulling out random things, telling me out loud what each one was:

"A piece of gum"
"Something from Mary Kay (lip gloss I think)"
"A can of red bull"
"An ad for HuluPlus"
"An ad for Chegg"
"Is there even a book in here?"

And then he looks at the shipping label on the outside of the box and it says "Ceci ____." Oops. This is the roommate that just moved into the house I'm staying at two days ago. We haven't said more than a cordial "hello" to her. I don't know why she got a package from Chegg that had no book in it, but we taped it back up and set it right in front of her bedroom door. 

She'll never know...



P.S. I had David look over this post (like always), and asked him what the title should be. He suggested the one I used. I literally had to look up the definition of "purloined" because I have never heard that word in my life. Where in his brain is there room for odd words like that??

1 comment:

  1. new chegg customers get all the goodies. My package came with deodorant too!

    ReplyDelete