Friday, October 23, 2015

Frankenstein Knuckles

For the Halloween season I decided to make some chocolate covered pretzel sticks look like fingers of Frankenstein, like this:

Found on Pinterest

I melted some white chocolate, then added some food coloring to make it white. 

Side note: regular food coloring makes white chocolate seize up.
Side note 2: Seized up chocolate does not stick to pretzels very well.

After I noticed the chocolate had seized, I came up with the excuse that the hot bowl it was in was just over cooking it.

I took out more white chocolate, melted that, then proceeded to add food coloring in a bowl that was not nearly as warm.

The result:


This is when I found out that the food coloring was the problem.

After a lot of practice, I was able to spread the white chocolate onto the pretzel sticks like a very hard-to-work-with peanut butter. 



Even though the chocolate seized up, it still tasted delicious.

After I was finished, I tried adding some milk to the leftover chocolate to see if it would un-seize it.

It just made the chocolate oily and weird.



No comments:

Post a Comment