Monday, November 30, 2015

Philadelphia

I travelled to Philadelphia for a research conference a short while back (paid for by my school, woohoo!!). I was there by myself, but I really had a great time. I didn't want to pay for transportation, so I ended up walking roughly 6 miles around down town every day I was there to see all the sites and eat all the delicious food. Here are some things I learned the hard way:

Here was my walking path just one day:


1. Penn's Landing? Have you heard of it? I walked over 2 miles to get there, to find out it's a parking lot. Literally.


2. The tourist book in my hotel room said to check out Race Street Pier. It is not a popular place. And there is nothing to do there.


Not another soul in sight.

3. You know that thing that happens in New York City where a car drives by and splashes  puddle of water on the person standing on the curb? That happens in Philadelphia too. Yay for me.

4. Jim's and Geno's (and probably Pat's as well) Philly Cheese Steaks taste the same. I don't know what the big debate is about.




5. Cobblestone is my favorite thing ever.



6. I can have fun travelling alone. I have never travelled by myself before, but I don't hate it. Especially when it is virtually free.

No comments:

Post a Comment