Saturday, February 16, 2013

P90X

*This post will not make sense unless you have done P90X before*

So David and I started up P90X again at the start of the semester, and there are just some things that really bug me about some of the videos.

1. In the Ab Ripper X video on the very first exercise the guy in the back has his hands up the whole time to make it harder, then like .05 seconds before Tony turns around the black guy puts his hands up and Tony praises him for making the exercise harder. WE ALL KNOW THE GUY IN THE BACK IS MORE HARD CORE!! He deserves some credit.

2. There is some serious sexual tension between Dreya and Tony. He's always like "your boyfriend is a lucky man" and other comments like that. Lay off. She is taken. Sheesh.

3. Remember German Potato girl? Everything about her bugs me. She is a giggly little school girl when she is working out. Normal people aren't like that. And she keeps trying to out do the guys! When the guys say they will do 20 pull ups she says she will do 21. Seriously?! You are just trying to show off and it's annoying.

4. Tony always raves about the "Karen Pot Stirrer" stretch and we do it probably twice every workout. The pot stirrer is probably the worst stretch on there. I don't feel it anywhere. All you do is swing your arm around in a circle.

5. "Scissor? Get it?" This is just annoying because I can't get it out of my head. Ever. I think I bring that up in my every day conversations on a regular basis.

6. The guy who posted this http://legeytimate.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/the-p90x-players/ gets me. It is his list of the five people on P90X that annoy him the most.

7. Tony seriously does like 5% of each workout. He brags about how he's using such heavy weights, "Not everyone can do this" but he is constantly taking breaks claiming he has to "check the kids" to make sure they are doing it right. I think he's secretly not in that good of shape. He is just really bulky.

Okay, but one thing that I laugh out loud at every time is a joke Tony makes. During the quad stretch he has his hand on a stool for balance. He says to grab a chair, or a brother or a sister or an uncle to balance. Then he points at his stool and says "That's a short uncle right there." Hahahah gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment