Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pinterest Picture

So I was on Pinterest the other day and I saw this picture:


I usually think I am pretty flexible, so I decided David and I needed to get a shot like this. We needed someone to take the picture, so we waited until SuperBowl Sunday and had my sister Natalie take it. This blog is about the process of getting a picture as perfect as the one above.

So it starts by Natalie taking my camera, and the second Gage sees that she has it, he runs across the room and lays down right in front of the camera and poses for her. He obviously knows what to do when a camera is brought out.




So once we tell Gage it is our turn to take pictures, the following madness ensues.






This looks pretty cool, but if you look back at the original the man's legs are straight. I was determined to get this perfect, so I made us keep trying and told David to keep his legs straight as an arrow.




Oh trust me, this happened more than a few times. I started to think we could never get it perfect. I thought maybe I could do it better than David, so we switched roles.




Turns out I wasn't that great at straight legs and he definitely wasn't as graceful. Just look at his legs in that second picture. I still wasn't giving up. I thought maybe David was really the reason why we couldn't get a good shot, so I tried it with my sister Stefanie.



Turns out Stef was actually really good at it. My vigor was instantly renewed. I thought, "If Stef can do it, I know David can do it!" So we tried again.


I became a perfectionist, so I was too straight in this one. My back wasn't bendy enough.


We fell probably fifty times in the process.


And THEN we got a good one. So let me remind you what the original looked like:


And what our copy-cat looks like:


So what did I learn from this experience? That it takes about an hour, a lot of fumbles, a lot of sweating, and a willing husband to get a cool picture like the ones you see on Pinterest. It is never as easy as it looks.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work!!!! That is so funny because Jason and I have been doing a lot of AcroYoga too! It is actually one of our new years resolutions (to master a new pose and transition each week).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so awesome. I'm pretty sure you would have done it faster if David went shirtless and wore less restrictive pants. It probably took 50 times to get those babies stretched out enough to put his legs straight. All in all - super impressive.

    ReplyDelete