Saturday, July 18, 2015

Chihuahua

Today was a beautiful sunny summer day, so David and I went on a walk around the neighborhood. We were casually talking, having a grand old time laughing at how I can't jump more than 3 inches off the ground, when David pointed to the side and said, "Look at that little dog."

Fun fact: I'm easily frightened by seeing things I don't expect to see, like people in stairwells (I scared my neighbor when I screamed at seeing her) or cats when I turn the corner.

So when David tells me to look at the little dog, I jump, wave my arms, and shriek loudly, as I generally do when I get spooked. My freaking out scared the seconds-ago-calm dog, and it started running at us and barking.

Keep in mind, the dog is a chihuahua.



We went back afterwards for pictures.

The dog is charging us, and David and I are both surprised and scared for a second. It pauses in its charge, just long enough for me to calm down and stay quiet. David on the other hand, who started off calm, is now shrieking and running away. This riles up the chihuahua and it starts nipping at his ankles. David takes off like a bullet running a block away.

I stayed where I was, just acting calm, and the chihuahua went back into the yard and left me alone. 

I don't think the dog is violent, but my initial surprise riled it up enough for it to shock us and it was just a downward spiral that resulted in a good laugh for the next 10 minutes at how wimpy we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment